Saturday, September 3, 2016

Local Metal Review EMPIRE OF DEZIRE


Local Metal Review: EMPIRE OF DEZIRE
By Reverend Black Jack McBride: Guitar Player Singer in 2 IN THE CHEST
09/02/2016


First off I ended up getting a late start tonight because I had so much to do Thursday night and Friday, that I did not even get to bed until about 2pm. then I had to get up take care of some things around the house and get to a show at Pranksters Too. Well I missed the first two bands and that was a real bummer, but I did get to check out your # 1 DUST BOWL METAL SHOW metal band of the month. “EMPIRE OF DEZIRE” and let me tell you what, I have seen these guys several times, and man oh man they have sure kicked up their game a few notches.


As soon as I rolled up in the parking lot I heard them playing and Tulins voice is something you cannot mistake. She brings to the metal scene a completely different element, an element that this scene really needs. We have so very many awesome bands in Arizona, and some of them just get up on stage and play music, don’t get me wrong; most of them have some kick ass music. But to me going to show is much, much more than just hearing music. I go to a show to not only hear the show but to see the show and I think that’s the feeling of many other patrons of the local music scene.

 Some don’t know this but not only am I in a local band DJ of this radio show graphic designer ECT. I am also a consultant. I talk to many bands about how to better their performance. And it’s usually done on a hush hush basis.

Making your live performance the best it can be, can be the difference between failing at a show or winning new fans and becoming successful in your endeavors as a live performer. Now in saying this live performance to me is one of the most important avenues to becoming someone favorite band. Having friends is awesome they come to your shows and even if you suck they blow smoke up your arse and say you kicked ass. What a band needs is to build a dedicated audience through their awesome performances on stage.


Today’s music is saturated with so, so very many bands. And some of them are incredibly good. But they are missing a key element to take them to the next level, and that element is their performance on stage.

Now getting back to the "EMPIRE OF DEZIRE" performance.

As I have said before I have seen these guys several times. Tonight something was different about these guys. They have become a powerhouse in this scene and it’s because they bring more to that stage then just music. They bring a live performance that you can not only hear and see; but you can feel it. I stood there watching their entire set mesmerized by each and every movement they made, each and every note that was played, and each and every vocal line that was sung. These guys have perfected there Brand exponentially. And I mean that from all that is within me as a person.




I go to so many shows, and see so many amazing bands, and there are those that just stand out for many different reasons. “EMPIRE OF DEZIRE” brings to the stage all; the elements needed to pull off an incredible performance. I really can’t say any more about these guys then I already have. This was a land mark performance from them. If you can get my attention, and keep me captivated the entire set; you have something going. You have something special. I am not an easy guy to mesmerize either. So “EMPIRE OF DEZIRE” gets 2 full metal horns. \m/(‘,’)\m/ YOU GUYS KILLED IT. Thank you for allowing me to attend your amazing performance.

No comments:

Post a Comment