Sunday, July 24, 2016

DUST BOWL METAL SHOW Review 07/22/2016

DUST BOWL METAL SHOW

Local Metal Review for July 22nd 2016
After finding out this show was happening I gave Scott Rowe of ALL IN A ROWE PRODUCTIONS a shout and asked if I could attend the event and like always let me in without hesitation. Thank you Scott, for your dedication to the local Arizona music scene, you are a true local legend, with your ALICE COOPER TRIBUTE SHOW and the DUST BOWL METAL SHOW has nothing but love and respect for you.
Upon arriving at the show I was greeted at the door by Scott and I arrived a bit too late to see the first band perform. 6 GRIT sorry about that guys did my best. We will catch you on another one really soon.
The band that was loading in was one I have seen a couple times before it’s a band call MERSA.
They have a Metallica feel to their style or old school metal with a twist of 80s metal flare not too much though. They have some great original music. This is information gathered from the audience; the way it was described to me was,
“If they really want to do covers; That is all well and good, but if you do not nail the covers as they were originally done by the band that wrote them, or really close, then it’s probably a good idea not to do them.”
I think they had an off night at pranksters because nothing was going smooth at all on that stage. The bass sound according to a member of the crowd,
“The bass was obnoxiously loud, and the tone was annoying.”
KEVIN HUGHES was spot on like always showing pure professionalism. When you have to do as much as he does on that stage to pull off a great show, you can have nothing but love and respect for him. The second guitar player was very good; great leads, and great sound, but he looked bored as heck on stage, it was the same for the bass player. (Audience member)
“It looked as if they really did not want to be there. The drummer looked like he was having a hard time hearing other members of the band in his monitors. This may account for all the mess ups.”
“All in all I was not impressed by their performance on this show.” So; many things went wrong, and they did not look like they were having a good time up there at all. It was a complete struggle. We at the Dust bowl metal show love you guys and we hope the next one is better for you. This performance gets (\m ) 2/3 metal horn. Because Keven Hughes, was awesome on that stage.



Next up was ADDICT3D












a band I have never had the opportunity to see and I guess tonight was as good a night as any. OK they jumped on that stage like they owned the place, and took complete control over the crowd. With style and finesse, their set was an explosion of total badassery. The singer HECTOR CAMACHO had such charisma about him, that the crowd had no choice but to be totally captivated by it.  He is also a guitar player, and played it very well. Great sound and I don’t know what kind of guitar it was, but it looked very, very cool. Audience member said,

“Damn these guys got it going on they have some very catchy tunes.”
A band that keeps my eyes on them the whole show, gets 1  2/3 metal horns. ( \m/ \m ) a couple of the other members could work on their stage performance a little more.











Next up was STAREN BLACK

I have on so many occasions wanted to see their performance but something was always in the way of that. It was either my band was playing or I have another engagement to attend. It was always something. That night was the night, and what a night it was, frank is a really cool brother and I would have to say that the band was spot on. But, and yes there is a but. People are always drawn to the ones that are performing as well as playing on that stage. When I go to a show I want to not only hear great music I want to see a show. This quote came from an audience member.
“If I wanted to just hear music I would go to my car and pop in a CD. I want to see a show as well as hear it, and these guys are giving me the whole enchilada.”
There you have it folks. Practicing your music is job one, but practicing your stage performance is job two.
FRANK stage left, and BONES the vocalist as well as the drummer DAVE SCHAD were the focal point during this performance. Bones is a very good front man and the attention the crowd gave him on this night was amazing. Not to say the other members weren’t performing it’s just that the majority of the action was coming from these three members. Now what makes this performance absolutely amazing is that the drummers back was all messed up. He was limping around the venue with his back all crooked and you could tell he was in a great deal of pain. This man got on that stage killed it on the drums and not once did he stop playing. The drums were spot on with every song. The bass player ROD REASNER could stand there and do nothing and he would still be a bad ass. The second guitar player BRUCE MENCHEN has some crazy killer chops not too much on the stage action department but with 5 members on stage there really isn’t much room to go ballistic. Needless to say, these guys have an infectious sound very powerful and defined.
This band has played a few shows you can definitely tell. I go to many performances and see many, many bands. This band has their shite together. I was very entertained the entire set. STAREN BLACK Gets 1 2/3 metal horns (\m/ \m ) because they came that night to destroy that stage and destroy that stage they did. 

No comments:

Post a Comment