Sunday, June 19, 2016

Arizona Local Metal Review 06/19/2016


June 19th 2016 16:54  DUST BOWL METAL SHOW local metal review
Well the weekend consisted of Friday only because I ended up getting a job that kept me out sat night. But what a Friday it was daaaaaamn! The party started early at the rock bar with Junes number 1 in the fan chosen top 10 on the Dust Bowl Metal Show. MURKOCET 


 these guys devastated that stage commanding the crowd’s participation like the pros they are. I know these guys very well and if they keep that explosive energy going they are headed for bigger and better things for sure.

Next up was no stranger to the Arizona scene that’s for sure. LOST IN LIES wow I have never seen these guys before and let’s just say my first impression is one of great respect.

 These guys are absolutely amazing. Very catchy music full of melody and infectious grooves for sure. I do have one of their demos and will be playing a song or two this week. However after talking to them, they had mentioned that a video is set to be released here really soon with a brand new track off of their up and coming full length record. So get ready for that.

Now the next band at the ROCKBAR INC. is one that really needs no introduction. SOUNDMANKILLZ I say it on the show all the time I live across the street from the singer of this band.

We always talk about each other’s future shows but we always end up having a show on the same night.
 But tonight I was lucky enough to catch three of their songs at this show before having to head out to another venue to see more local bands. How do I start? This band has not only the music to entertain your metal asses, they have the look of apocalyptic killers on stage and their stage presents OMG these guys have that shite down. SOUNDMANKILLZ for the last three months, since their bran new record release, has been in my personal top 10 Arizona metal bands. That top ten changes all the time but they are still in it. If you meat bags get the chance do not miss out on these guys’ big time national prospects for sure.

I had to bolt out really fast because FATAL MALADY was scheduled to go on at 945 and it was already 930 so down the road I flew to the MARQUEE Theater. It was perfect timing just as I walked in the door they stared their set. And if you have never seen these guys you are missing out on one hell of a great local Arizona metal band. These guys are one of the DUST BOWL METAL SHOW Princesses favorite AZ bands. 

Commanding the stage is an understatement this night, with a packed house you could hardly hear their music from the screaming of the FATAL MALADY infected crowd. They blew the roof off this place warming the crowd with their set. there were other bands on this bill that I wanted to see but being a one man metal army for the Dust Bowl Metal Show  you do what you can to see as many as you can. One of my favorites was on this bill. THROW THE SWITCH, and the killer band INEPT HERO, as well as a couple more. Then after that to the stage rolled a thundering ICE-T AND BODY COUNT I don’t do reviews on bands that don’t let me talk to them, so all I can say is they tore that stage up like they always do.
All in all even not being able to head out Saturday for some killer az metal my metal cup was filled this weekend for sure. Listen in to the Broadcast this Thursday night 06/23/2016 from 6pm till 9pm. In the 7pm hour we will be spinning one of SicmoniC’s killer CD’s in its entirety, so don’t miss that.
REVEREND BLACK JACK MCBRIDE Guitar Player Singer for the Worlds only Rustic Outlaw Southern Metal Band and the DJ of the Dust Bowl Metal Show.

June 19th 2016 16:54 





2 comments:

  1. These bands are bands from Arizona? WOW! i'm going to have to check them out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me know what shows you want me to review?

    ReplyDelete